I have spent the whole day re-watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy! Nothing beats the copy and paste orc armies en masse, the constant 8/10 pain grimace on Elijah Wood's face, and the "my pweshesss~~". The books were better as always with more detail, but I stand by what I said 6 years ago, I am just happy that I could see the nazgul, the little hobbit hole round doors, pointy elf ears and moving trees! I think Peter Jackson did alright undertaking such a risky task of making an age old classic (the Grandfather of all fantasy novels), with the greatest number of supporting books, and the most extensive made up languages. Oh yeah, and if you didn't realise from the title, Sindarin is the common elvish language, and no I'm not one of those who knows the entire elvish language (although I will confess being interested in it in my high school years).



Following all that heavy action, and spilling multitudes of black orc blood I needed some light comedy relief. Looking through my movie archive, "He's just not that into you" popped up! Overall not a bad movie, slight Love Actually / Hitch storylines and subtleties going throughout. Bonus points for a good cast: Scarlet Johansson, Jennifer Anniston, Ben Affleck, Jennifer Connelly, Drew Barrymore and Bradley Cooper. Entertaining, but somehow lacks the same punch that Love Actually or Hitch delivered.




Feeling a craving for irish cream and coffee, I went to the local IGA for some mascarpone, savoiardi. Using copious quantities of whipped full cream, baileys, and kahlua, I transformed this into my first ever Tiramisu. Unfortunately there's no photo of it here (image on left is from google), because in a matter of seconds an entire tiramisu molded in a one quant dish disappeared with just 3 people. I made a second one, but i probably won't plate it up (photo opportunity) until the atherosclerosis from this first one has gone down. Only one problem with today's tiramisu, not enough COFFEE and perhaps a little too much cream or mascarpone but then again it is tiramisu (Healthy and tiramisu are not words closely associated). For the next one I make, coffee essence in addition to espresso and kahlua will be used, i'll try with light cream, I just hope the consistency will stay unchanged.

Comments (1)

On July 10, 2009 at 9:09 AM , kkyl said...

Unfortunately, I am lactose intolerant, and my body reminded me of that fact at about 4am. Perhaps I shouldn't have eaten that much Tiramisu last night. And now, I am definitely reducing the amount of whipped cream and mascarpone cheese for next time.